Travelers to Wells give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and golf courses. A top sight in the area is Fort Constitution Historical Site.
- You'll find 235 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ogunquit - Wells
- The closest major airport is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 19.3 mi (31 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wells
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve, Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge, and Moody Beach. Kayaking is just one of the top activities, while Old Marsh Country Club and Merriland Farms Golf Course are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wells Reserve at Laudholm Farms and Johnson Hall Museum.
In Wells, you'll be able to select from 93 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Haven By The Sea - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Guest House Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Elmere House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Fort Constitution Historical Site, located 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city center.
Getting Around Wells
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Wells Regional Transportation Center. Wells may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Wells
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Wells is 51.73 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F