Travelers to Zaventem give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests, cathedral, and temples. NATO Headquarters, European Union Parliament Building, and Belgian Comic Strip Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 525 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brussels
- The closest major airport is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 22.1 mi (35.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Zaventem
A favorite place to visit in the city is Ter Meeren Castle. Additionally, in the area you'll find NATO Headquarters and European Union Parliament Building.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Zaventem. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a health club. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Getaway Studios Brussels Airport - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a health club. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Belgian Comic Strip Center, 5.7 mi/9.1 km from the city center, and Cathedral of St. Michael, which is 5.8 mi/9.3 km away.
Getting Around Zaventem
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Zaventem Station, Nossegem Station, or Zaventem Brussels-National-Airport Railway Station. Zaventem might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Zaventem
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- About 34.41 inches of rain falls on Zaventem each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 31°F