Families will find kid-friendly activities in Abilene, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, college vibe, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and theaters.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in Abilene
- The closest major airport is in Abilene, TX (ABI-Abilene Regional), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Abilene
The city is well known for its theaters and opera, and cultural venues include Paramount Theatre, Grace Museum, and Frontier Texas. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mall of Abilene is a favorite for retail therapy. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Abilene Christian University and Hardin Simmons University.
In Abilene, you'll be able to select from 53 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Abilene Northeast - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Holiday Inn Abilene - North College Area - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Abilene Northeast - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Abilene
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- About 24.84 inches of rain falls on Abilene each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 34°F