History buffs will enjoy exploring Alexandria, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés and shopping. Top sights in the city include Pompey's Pillar, Qaitbay Fortress, and Alexandria Stadium.
- There are 108 hotels and other accommodations in Alexandria
- The closest major airport is in Alexandria (ALY-Alexandria Intl.), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Alexandria (HBE-Borg El Arab), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alexandria
Cultural venues in the city include Alexandria National Museum, Royal Jewellery Museum, and El Alamein Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Pompey's Pillar, Qaitbay Fortress, and Montazah Palace. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Montazah Beach, Shallalat Gardens, and Stanli Beach.
In Alexandria, you'll be able to select from 108 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Al Alamein Hotel - This 5-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria at San Stefano - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Sidi Jabir can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi.
- Alexander the great hotel-Alexotel - This 3-star hotel in Al-Laban features free breakfast, a restaurant, and a library. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other top sights in Alexandria include Alexandria Stadium and Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
Dressing for Alexandria
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 6.18 inches of rain falls on Alexandria each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F