Anderson Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 6 low-priced motels in Anderson among more than 138 hotels and other lodging choices. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. after World War II when cars became more popular along with road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' recommended Anderson motels available to book:
Days Inn by Wyndham Anderson
- Stay within a short 9-minute drive of Anderson University.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Days Inn by Wyndham Seneca
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 14 minutes of Clemson University by car.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of Clemson University.
- It's located within a short 10-minute drive of Anderson University.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
Budget Inn Express
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of Clemson University and Anderson University.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Anderson
Check out the college campus and enjoy the top-notch restaurants in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. Visitors like Anderson for its shops.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- South Carolina Botanical Gardens
- Larry W. Abernathy Waterfront Park
- Richard B. Russell Lake
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- NewSpring Church
- Woodburn Plantation
- Fort Hill Plantation
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Anderson Mall
- Memorial Stadium
- T. Ed Garrison Arena
Anderson is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Anderson
Decide when you'd like to visit Anderson by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 69° F and nighttime temperatures average 31° F
- April-June: 89° F is the daytime average and 44° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 90° F and nighttime averages are around 56° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 77° F during the day and 32° F at night
- Average rainfall is 44.17 inches in a year
How to Get to Anderson and Around the Area
|Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.) ||Airport ||36.4 mi (58.5 km) |
|Clemson Station ||Train Station ||16.7 mi (26.8 km) |