Visitors give high marks for the college vibe in Clemson, which is also known for its football games and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, gardens, and monuments.
- You'll find 90 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Anderson
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.), 38 mi (61.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Clemson
Football fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Memorial Stadium or Little John Coliseum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Clemson University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Brooks Center for the Performing Arts and South Carolina Botanical Gardens.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Clemson. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Abernathy of Clemson - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- The Inn at Patrick Square - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a café.
- Clemson University's James F. Martin Inn - This 3-star hotel features a golf course, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Getting Around Clemson
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Clemson Station. Clemson might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Clemson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Clemson is 50.16 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F