Travelers to Greenville give high marks for the riverfront, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its waterfalls, university setting, and live music. Top sights in the city include The Peace Center, Falls Park on the Reedy, and Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
- You'll find 217 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Greenville - Spartanburg
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Greenville
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include The Peace Center, The Children’s Museum of the Upstate, and Greenville Little Theater. Attractions like Greenville Zoo, Frankie's Fun Park, and LeMans Karting are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Beattie House, Christ Episcopal Church, and Kilgore Lewis House.
In Greenville, there are 126 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pettigru Place Bed & Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Greenville Downtown can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Greenville Downtown - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Greenville Downtown can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Swamp Rabbit Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast in Greenville Downtown features free breakfast, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Greenville include Falls Park on the Reedy, Bon Secours Wellness Arena, and Haywood Mall. Outside the city, top places to visit include BMW Zentrum, 12.9 mi/20.7 km from the heart of the city, and Heritage Park, which is 13 mi/20.9 km away.
Getting Around Greenville
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Greenville Station. Greenville might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Greenville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Greenville gets about 50.77 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 33°F