Visitors to Antofagasta are sure to enjoy the shopping and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and seafood restaurants.
- There are 82 hotels and other accommodations in Antofagasta
- The closest major airport is in Antofagasta (ANF-Cerro Moreno Intl.), 14.3 mi (23 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Antofagasta
The city is notable for landmarks like Antofagasta Cathedral, Tropic of Capricorn Monument, and Hand of the Desert. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Paseo del Mar Boardwalk, Balneario Nocturno Beach, and La Portada Natural Monument. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Central Market and Antofagasta Fish Market.
In Antofagasta, you'll be able to select from 82 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Geotel Antofagasta - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- HVM Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Antofagasta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 59°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 62°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- Antofagasta gets about 0 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 51°F