Travelers to Aqaba give high marks for the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's archaeological sites and cafés. Port of Aqaba, Dolphin Reef, and Coral Beach Nature Reserve are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodations in Aqaba
- The closest major airport is in Aqaba (AQJ-King Hussein Intl.), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Eilat (ETM-Ramon Intl.), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aqaba
The city is notable for landmarks like Sharif Hussein bin Ali Mosque, Early Islamic Ayla, and Aqaba Fort. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Berenice Beach Club, Palm Beach, and Aqaba Marine Park. Diving is a top activity, and Port of Aqaba is one place to visit.
In Aqaba, you'll be able to select from 87 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Al Manara, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Saraya Aqaba - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Kempinski Hotel Aqaba Red Sea - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 3 restaurants.
- Arab Divers - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with in-room LCD TVs. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to see outside the city include Dolphin Reef, located 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from the city center, and Coral Beach Nature Reserve, which is 5.2 mi (8.4 km) away.
Dressing for Aqaba
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 103°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 105°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 95°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- Average annual rainfall for Aqaba is 2.55 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 103°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 51°F