Visitors to Asahikawa are sure to enjoy the ski areas and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, zoo, and museums. Top sights in the city include Asahiyama Zoo, Furano Ski Resort, and Asahi-Dake.
- There are 103 hotels and other accommodations in Asahikawa
- The closest major airport is in Asahikawa (AKJ), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Asahikawa
Cultural venues in the city include Snow Crystal Museum, Asahikawa Museum of Art, and Asahikawa City Museum. Attractions like Asahiyama Zoo, Asahidake Ropeway, and Farm Tomita are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Furano Shrine, Kamikawa Shrine, and Tokachidake Bogakudai Observation Tower.
In Asahikawa, you'll be able to select from 103 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Winery Hotel & Condominium HITOHANA - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hanakagura - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and an in-room refrigerator.
- Pension Megumiyuki - With a stay at this 2.5-star pension, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Other top sights in Asahikawa include Furano Ski Resort and Asahi-Dake.
Getting Around Asahikawa
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Asahikawa is simple. Head over to Ranru Station to catch metro. To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Toma station or Nishinaka station.
Dressing for Asahikawa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 44°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Asahikawa gets about 41.11 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F