Visiting Auburn - Opelika
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Auburn - Opelika, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, college vibe, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the city include Jordan-Hare Stadium and Chewacla State Park.
- There are 152 hotels and other accommodations in Auburn - Opelika
- The closest major airport is in Columbus, GA (CSG-Columbus Metropolitan), 31.1 mi (50.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Auburn - Opelika
Cultural venues in the city include George Washington Carver Museum, Telfair Peet Theater, and Jules Collins Smith Museum of Fine Arts. Notable city landmarks like Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site and The Oaks - Home of Booker T. Washington might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Chewacla State Park and Donald E. Davis Arboretum exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Auburn - Opelika, there are 152 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Auburn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Phenix City - Our customers like the pool and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Auburn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Auburn - Opelika include Jordan-Hare Stadium. Outside the city, top places to visit include Lake Martin, located 29.2 mi (46.9 km) from the city center, and Columbus Civic Center, which is 29.8 mi/48 km away.
Dressing for Auburn - Opelika
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 52.64 inches of rain falls on Auburn - Opelika each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 36°F