Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Opelika, which is also known for its football games and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's jazz scene and churches. Top sights around the area include Jordan-Hare Stadium and Chewacla State Park.
- You'll find 78 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auburn - Opelika
- The closest major airport is in Columbus, GA (CSG-Columbus Metropolitan), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Opelika
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Jordan-Hare Stadium and Chewacla State Park. You'll also find Louise Kreher Forest Ecology Preserve and Donald E. Davis Arboretum in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Opelika. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
Dressing for Opelika
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Opelika is 52.64 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 36°F