Visitors to Avanos are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, monuments, and museums.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Avanos
- The closest major airport is in Nevsehir (NAV-Cappadocia), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kayseri (ASR-Erkilet Intl.), 32.5 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Avanos
The city's cultural venues include The Hair Museum of Avanos and Saruhan Exhibition and Culture Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Ozkonak Underground City, Alaaddin Turkish Bath, and Goreme National Park. Additionally, you might want to add Valley of the Fairy Chimneys to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Avanos. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Azure Cave Suites - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Sofa Hotel - Amenities at this inn include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Phocas Cave Suites - Special Class - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Avanos
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Avanos gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F