Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Urgup, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 146 hotels and other accommodations in Urgup
- The closest major airport is in Nevsehir (NAV-Cappadocia), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kayseri (ASR-Erkilet Intl.), 31.9 mi (51.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Urgup
Cultural venues in the city include Urgup Museum, Cappadocia Art and History Museum, and Saruhan Exhibition and Culture Center. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ortahisar Castle, Aynali Church, and Aios Vasilios Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Üç Güzeller, Pancarlik Valley, and Gomeda Valley.
In Urgup, you'll find 146 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Asyada Suites Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Sacred House - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hezen Cave Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Urgup
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Urgup gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F