Travelers to Avon give high marks for the ski areas, riverfront, and magnificent mountain views. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its spas. Beaver Creek Resort, Vail Ski Resort, and Betty Ford Alpine Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 418 hotels and other accommodations in Avon
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 34 mi (54.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Avon
The riverfront, mountain views, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Beaver Lake Trailhead, Mount of the Holy Cross, and Holy Cross Wilderness Area are worth a visit. Skiing, snowboarding, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Beaver Creek Resort, Beaver Creek Golf Course, and Eagle Vail Golf Club. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Beaver Creek Hiking Center and Vilar Performing Arts Center.
In Avon, there are 418 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elkhorn Lodge - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star condo in Beaver Creek can enjoy access to the ski slopes and free valet parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Wyndham Resort at Avon - Our customers love the breakfast and spacious, clean rooms at this condo resort. With a stay at this 4-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and valet parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Ridgepoint Townhomes by East West - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its location.
Popular places to visit around the area include Vail Ski Resort, 7.9 mi/12.7 km from the city center, and Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, which is 8.3 mi (13.4 km) away.
Dressing for Avon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- About 11.34 inches of rain falls on Avon each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°F