Visitors to Baiona are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and cathedral. Top sights around the area include Castro Fortress and Museum of Contemporary Art.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Baiona
- The closest major airport is in Vigo (VGO-Peinador), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Baiona
The city is notable for landmarks like Alfonso IX, Our Lady of the Rock, and Monterreal Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Ladeira Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Caravel Pinta Museum and Cape Silleiro Lighthouse.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Baiona. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Parador De Baiona - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Hotel Bahia Bayona - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Hostal El Viejo Galeón - This 2-star pension features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Castro Fortress, located 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from the city center, and Museum of Contemporary Art, which is 11.6 mi/18.7 km away.
Dressing for Baiona
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Baiona is 1.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 45°F