Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Bakoven, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. Table Mountain, South African National Gallery, and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 165 hotels and other accommodations in Bakoven
- The closest major airport is in Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bakoven
A favorite place to visit in the city is Table Mountain National Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Table Mountain and South African National Gallery.
In Bakoven, there are 165 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sea Mount - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Camps Bay can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean rooms.
- South Beach Camps Bay - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this aparthotel. This 5-star aparthotel in Camps Bay features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Houghton View - Guests who stay at this 5-star guesthouse in Camps Bay can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Popular places to see around the area include Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, 3.5 mi/5.6 km from the city center, and Greenmarket Square, which is 3.7 mi (5.9 km) away.
Dressing for Bakoven
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Bakoven is 0.79 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F