History buffs enjoy visiting Baku though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, churches, and museums. A top sight in the city is Fountain Square.
- There are 514 hotels and other accommodations in Baku
- The closest major airport is in Baku (GYD-Heydar Aliyev Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Baku
Cultural venues in the city include Azerbaijan State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre, Azerbaijan Carpet Museum, and Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Hall. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fountain Square, Maiden's Tower, and Palace of the Shirvan Shahs. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are 28 Mall and Baku City Circuit.
In Baku, you'll be able to select from 514 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Boutique 19 Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its WiFi and high-quality beds.
- Four Seasons Hotel Baku - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Hilton Baku - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Getting Around Baku
Nearby metro stations include Ganjlik Station and Koroğlu Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Baku
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Baku gets about 0.51 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F