Visitors can enjoy all that Balmorhea has to offer including its parks. There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in larger region. The closest major airport is in Pecos, TX (PEQ-Pecos Municipal), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Balmorhea
A favorite place to visit in the city is Balmorhea State Park. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your vacation to Balmorhea, you might not be able to find an accommodation in the heart of the city, but there are 16 hotels and other lodging types in the region. Here are places to stay in the region:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos is 26.5 mi (42.6 km) from central Balmorhea. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Pecos can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Best Western Plus Swiss Chalet Hotel & Suites is 26.4 mi (42.5 km) from the center of Balmorhea. This 2.5-star hotel in Pecos features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Quality Inn Pecos is located 27.4 mi (44 km) from the heart of Balmorhea. This 2.5-star hotel in Pecos features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Dressing for Balmorhea
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 99°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 99°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Balmorhea gets about 11.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 98°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 32°F