Families will find kid-friendly activities in Batavia, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its casinos, sporting events, and lakeside setting.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Batavia
- The closest major airport is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 26.5 mi (42.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rochester, NY (ROC-Greater Rochester Intl.), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Batavia
Favorite places to visit in the city include Batavia Downs Casino, Holland Land Office Museum, and Dwyer Stadium. Additionally, you might want to add PolarWave Snowtubing Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Batavia. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel At Batavia Downs - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Batavia - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Batavia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 34.33 inches of rain falls on Batavia each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F