Visiting Bay City
Families enjoy visiting Bay City though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, cafés, and architecture.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in Bay City
- The closest major airport is in Eagle Lake, TX (ELA), 47.3 mi (76.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bay City
Cultural venues in the city include 20th Century Technology Museum, El Campo Museum, and Wharton County Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Matagorda County Birding and Nature Center, Le Tulle Park, and Riverside Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bay City Municipal Court and Wharton County Courthouse.
In Bay City, there are 52 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Bay City - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bay City - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wharton - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Bay City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Bay City is 48.90 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 47°F