Visiting Lake Jackson
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake Jackson, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events.
- There are 182 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Jackson
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (EFD-Ellington Field), 42.4 mi (68.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 43.5 mi (70 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Jackson
Cultural venues in the city include Lake Jackson Historical Museum, Brazosport Museum of Natural Science, and Brazoria County Historical Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like The Mystery - Shrimp Boat Fleet Monument, Stephen F Austin Statue, and Varner- Hogg Plantation Historic Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Surfside Beach, San Luis Pass County Park, and Quintana Xeriscape Nature Reserve.
In Lake Jackson, you'll be able to select from 182 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Lake Jackson Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Freeport - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & and Suites Lake Jackson-Clute, TX - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Lake Jackson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Lake Jackson is 56.46 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 47°F