Visitors to Bear are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its soccer matches. A top sight in the area is Fort Delaware State Park.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 31.8 mi (51.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Philadelphia, PA (PNE-Northeast Philadelphia), 50 mi (80.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bear
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lums Pond State Park. Additionally, you'll find Fort Delaware State Park in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and WiFi.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Longwood Gardens, located 20 mi (32.2 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Bear
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.11 inches of rain falls on Bear each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F