Visiting Beit Shemesh
Visitors can enjoy all that Beit Shemesh has to offer including the local tours, parks, and art. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture. Around the area, top sights include Yad Vashem, Israel Museum, and Knesset.
- You'll find 260 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jerusalem
- The closest major airport is in Tel Aviv (TLV-Ben Gurion), 20.2 mi (32.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tel Aviv (SDV-Sde Dov), 29 mi (46.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Beit Shemesh
A couple of favorite places to visit are Beit Jamal Monastery and Beit Shemesh Archaeological Park. In the area, you'll also find Yad Vashem and Israel Museum.
As you plan your vacation to Beit Shemesh, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 10 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Capitol is 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from central Beit Shemesh. This hotel in Beit Shemesh features a restaurant, free WiFi, and laundry facilities. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Orient Hotel Jerusalem is located 14.4 mi (23.3 km) from the heart of Beit Shemesh. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in German Colony can enjoy access to a full-service spa and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- National Hotel Jerusalem is 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the center of Beit Shemesh. With a stay at this hotel in Jerusalem, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Knesset, 13.6 mi/21.9 km from the heart of the city, and Machane Yehuda Market, which is 14.2 mi (22.8 km) away.
Getting Around Beit Shemesh
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Beit Shemesh Station. Beit Shemesh may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Beit Shemesh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Beit Shemesh gets about 19.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 43°F