Visiting Belize City
Visitors to Belize City are sure to enjoy the waterfront and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture. Top sights in the city include Belize Barrier Reef and San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi Belize City Terminal.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Belize City
- The closest major airport is in Belize City (TZA-Belize City Municipal), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belize City (BZE-Philip S. W. Goldson Intl.), 8.4 mi (13.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Belize City
Cultural venues in the city include Image Factory Art Foundation, Museum of Belize, and Government House. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like St. John's Cathedral, Swing Bridge, and St. Mary's Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and such places to visit as Belize Barrier Reef and Cucumber Beach.
In Belize City, you'll find 63 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- BELCOVE HOTEL - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a terrace and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Belama Phase 2 can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Belize City include San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi Belize City Terminal. One of the top places to see outside the city is Altun Ha, located 21.3 mi (34.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Belize City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Belize City gets about 75.00 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 68°F