Visiting Belo Horizonte
Visitors to Belo Horizonte are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, museums, and churches. Top sights in the city include Liberty Square, Mineirao Stadium, and Church of Saint Francis of Assisi.
- There are 300 hotels and other accommodations in Belo Horizonte
- The closest major airport is in Belo Horizonte (PLU), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belo Horizonte (CNF-Tancredo Neves Intl.), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Belo Horizonte
Cultural venues in the city include Palace of Arts, Museum of Natural Sciences, and Pampulha Art Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Liberty Square, Church of Saint Francis of Assisi, and September Seven Square. The city's natural beauty is on display at Serra do Cipo National Park, Guanabara Park, and Lagoa Pampulha.
In Belo Horizonte, you'll find 300 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- San Diego Suítes Veredas Sete Lagoas - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Hotel Fasano Belo Horizonte - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Lourdes can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Tulip Inn Sete Lagoas - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Other favorite sights in Belo Horizonte include Mineirao Stadium, Afonso Pena Avenue, and Lagoinha Baptist Church.
Getting Around Belo Horizonte
You can access metro transit at Central Station, Lagoinha Station, and Santa Efigenia Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Belo Horizonte
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- Belo Horizonte gets about 61.54 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 58°F