Visitors can enjoy all that Damascus has to offer including its mountain views. In Damascus, there are 12 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Abingdon, VA (VJI-Virginia Highlands), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 42.6 mi (68.6 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Damascus
The picturesque setting of Virginia Creeper Damascus and Mount Rogers National Recreation Area exemplify the city's natural beauty. You'll also find Scenic View Golf Course and Smyth County Visitor's Center in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Damascus. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mountain Laurel Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- The Millsap-Baker Estate - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Damascus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- About 45.63 inches of rain falls on Damascus each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 25°F