Visitors can enjoy all that Castlecomer has to offer including the churches, golf courses, and forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and lakeside setting. There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Castlecomer
A favorite place to visit in the city is Castlecomer Golf Club. Additionally, you'll find Dunmore Cave and Irish Fly Fishing and Game Shooting Museum in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Castlecomer, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 25 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Damerstown Farmhouse is 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from central Castlecomer. Guests who stay at this 4-star farm stay in Castlecomer can enjoy access to a 24-hour front desk and satellite TV.
- Hotel Kilkenny is 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from the center of Castlecomer. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kilkenny can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel is located 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the heart of Castlecomer. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kilkenny can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Castlecomer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 32.01 inches of rain falls on Castlecomer each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F