Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Chincoteague, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodations in Chincoteague
- The closest major airport is in Salisbury, MD (SBY-Salisbury - Ocean City Wicomico Regional), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ocean City, MD (OCE-Ocean City Municipal), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chincoteague
The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Robert N. Reed Downtown Waterfront Park and Assateague Island National Seashore. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museum of Chincoteague and Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Chincoteague. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chincoteague Waterfront - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Refuge Inn - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Chincoteague
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chincoteague is 40.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 30°F