Visiting Chittar Lake
Visitors can enjoy all that Chittar Lake has to offer including the lakeside setting and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chittar Lake
Places to visit in the larger region include Lion Safari Park, Padmanabhapuram Palace, and Chowara Beach. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan for your vacation to Chittar Lake, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 73 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Anantya Resorts is located in the heart of Chittar Lake. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Chittar Lake can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Leela Kovalam Beach is 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from central Chittar Lake. This 5-star resort in Kovalam features 3 indoor pools, 3 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa. Our customers like its beach locale and comfortable beds.
- Turtle On The Beach is 19 mi (30.6 km) from the center of Chittar Lake. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Kovalam can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Chittar Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Chittar Lake is 2.52 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 73°F