Visiting Cid Island
Travelers to Cid Island will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Whitehaven Beach.
- There are 215 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cid Island
Whitehaven Beach is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find South Molle Island Jetty and Molle Islands National Park in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Cid Island, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 74 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Mantra Club Croc is located 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the heart of Cid Island. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Cannonvale can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Whitsunday Apartments is 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from central Cid Island. This 4-star apartment in Hamilton Island features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a spa tub. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Reef View Hotel is 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the center of Cid Island. This 4-star hotel in Hamilton Island features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Cid Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- About 1.89 inches of rain falls on Cid Island each year
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 57°F