History buffs will enjoy exploring Columbus, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping, and local tours.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodations in Columbus
- The closest major airport is in Columbus, MS (GTR-Golden Triangle Regional), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Columbus
Cultural venues in the city include Starkville Community Theatre, Columbus Arts Council - Rosenzweig Arts Center, and Mississippi Entomological Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Waverly Mansion and Oktibbeha Heritage Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Leigh Mall Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Columbus, you'll find 50 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Shadowlawn Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus, MS - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Suites West Point - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Columbus
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Columbus is 55.63 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F