Families will find kid-friendly activities in Corning, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its art and bars.
- You'll find 32 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Elmira
- The closest major airport is in Elmira, NY (ELM-Elmira - Corning Regional), 8.2 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Corning
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include West End Gallery, Rockwell Museum of Western Art, and Corning Museum of Glass. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Benjamin Patterson Inn Museum and Spencer Crest Nature Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Corning. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Corning Downtown - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Gaffer District can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Staybridge Suites Corning - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Fairfield Inn Marriott Corning - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Corning
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Corning is 36.30 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°F