Visiting Watkins Glen
Visitors to Watkins Glen are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls and temples.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Watkins Glen
- The closest major airport is in Elmira, NY (ELM-Elmira - Corning Regional), 15 mi (24.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ithaca, NY (ITH-Tompkins Regional), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Watkins Glen
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Watkins Glen State Park. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Castel Grisch Winery, The Tasting Room, and Seneca Harbor are favorite sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Watkins Glen International to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Watkins Glen. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Blackberry Inn Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable beds.
- Hudson Manor Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Watkins Glen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Watkins Glen gets about 36.30 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F