Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Cuernavaca, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, shopping, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include Palace of Cortes Museum and Robert Brady Museum.
- There are 134 hotels and other accommodations in Cuernavaca
- The closest major airport is in Toluca, Estado de Mexico (TLC-Toluca Intl.), 36.2 mi (58.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mexico City, Distrito Federal (MEX-Mexico City Intl.), 36.8 mi (59.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cuernavaca
Cultural venues in the city include Palace of Cortes Museum, Robert Brady Museum, and MMAPO Morelense Folk Art Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Cuernavaca Cathedral, Earliest 16th Century Monasteries on the Slopes of Popocatepetl, and La Paloma de la Paz. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Borda Gardens, Juarez Garden, and Ethnobotanical Garden and Museum of Traditional and Herbal Medicine.
In Cuernavaca, there are 134 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Anticavilla Hotel - Adults Only - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Las Casas B+B Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Boutique Villa Bonita - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Archaeological Monuments Zone of Xochicalco, located 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center, and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec, which is 16.7 mi/27 km away.
Dressing for Cuernavaca
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 52°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cuernavaca is 14.17 inches
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 53°F