Visiting Daintree - Cape Tribulation
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Daintree - Cape Tribulation, and visitors give high marks for the lush rainforest and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its beaches.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Daintree - Cape Tribulation
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.), 54.6 mi (87.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Daintree - Cape Tribulation
Favorite family attractions include Bat House Cape Tribulation and Daintree Discovery Centre. The beaches, rainforest, and forests highlight the city's natural beauty, and Daintree Rainforest, Cape Tribulation, and Thornton Beach are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Myall Beach and Marrdja Botanical Walk.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Daintree - Cape Tribulation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Thornton Beach Bungalows - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and WiFi.
- Daintree Rainforest Retreat - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Daintree Wilderness Lodge - This 3.5-star lodge features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Mossman Gorge, located 23 mi (37 km) from the heart of the city, and Macrossan Street, which is 23.3 mi (37.6 km) away.
Dressing for Daintree - Cape Tribulation
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Daintree - Cape Tribulation is 68.07 inches
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 67°F