History buffs will enjoy exploring Delft, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums and cathedral. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés and shopping. Top sights in the city include Nieuwe Kerk and Oude Kerk.
- You'll find 387 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of The Hague
- The closest major airport is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 26.7 mi (42.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Delft
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Vermeer Centrum, De Candelaer, and Museum Paul Tetar van Elven. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Nieuwe Kerk, Oude Kerk, and Hugo de Groot Monument. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Beestenmarkt is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Delft. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Casa Julia - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Leeuwenbrug - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Hostel Delft - Amenities at this 2-star hostel include a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Binnenhof, 5 mi/8.1 km from the city center, and Noordeinde Palace, which is 5.3 mi/8.5 km away.
Getting Around Delft
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Delft Station or Delft Zuid Station. Delft may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Delft
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Delft gets about 32.36 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 34°F