Visitors can enjoy all that Dover has to offer including the wineries, waterfront, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and parks.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Dover
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.), 40.5 mi (65.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dover
The picturesque setting of Esperance Bay Park and Kents Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port Esperance and St. Imre Vineyard.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Dover. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ashdowns of Dover Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable beds.
- Driftwood Cottages - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this cottage. With a stay at this 3.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen.
Dressing for Dover
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Dover is 20.63 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F