History buffs enjoy visiting Esslingen though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, local tours, and wineries. Top sights around the area include Mercedes Benz Museum, Mercedes-Benz Arena, and Stuttgart TV Tower.
- You'll find 255 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Stuttgart
- The closest major airport is in Stuttgart (STR), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Esslingen
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Kessler Sekt. Additionally, you might want to add Esslinger Burg to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Esslingen. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Park Consul Esslingen - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Innenstadt can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hotel am Schillerpark - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Innenstadt features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- ECOINN Hotel am Campus - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Innenstadt can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Mercedes Benz Museum, located 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Mercedes-Benz Arena, which is 4.8 mi/7.8 km away.
Getting Around Esslingen
With so many transportation options, exploring Esslingen is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Oberesslingen S-Bahn, Esslingen Mettingen S-Bahn, and Esslingen Zell S-Bahn. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Esslingen Station.
Dressing for Esslingen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Esslingen is 27.36 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 29°F