Families will find kid-friendly activities in Freeport, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and live music. Top sights in the city include Port Lucaya Marketplace, Xanadu Beach, and Lucaya Beach.
- There are 150 hotels and other accommodations in Freeport
- The closest major airport is in Freeport (FPO-Grand Bahama Intl.), 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Freeport
Notable city landmarks like Cooper's Castle and Count Basie Square might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Xanadu Beach, Lucaya Beach, and Taino Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Port Lucaya Marketplace is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Freeport, you'll be able to select from 150 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan - This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and room size.
- Old Bahama Bay Resort & Yacht Harbour - This 4-star hotel features a marina, a private beach, and 2 restaurants.
- Pelican Bay Resort at Lucaya - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Gold Rock Beach, located 18.8 mi (30.3 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Freeport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 62°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 63°F at night
- About 58.23 inches of rain falls on Freeport each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 63°F