Visiting Freiburg im Breisgau
History buffs will enjoy exploring Freiburg im Breisgau, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting. A top sight in the area is Europa-Park.
- There are 104 hotels and other accommodations in Freiburg im Breisgau
- The closest major airport is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport), 31.1 mi (50 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport), 31.1 mi (50.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Freiburg im Breisgau
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Freiburg Main Cathedral, Bertoldsbrunnen, and Martinstor Gate. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Freiburg and Goethe Institute. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Muensterplatz and Old Town Hall.
In Freiburg im Breisgau, there are 104 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Green City Hotel Vauban - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and a snack bar/deli. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- The Alex Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Oberkirch - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Europa-Park, located 19.9 mi (32 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Freiburg im Breisgau
With so many transportation options, exploring Freiburg im Breisgau is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transit at Freiburg, Freiburg Hospital S-Bahn, and Freiburg Messe/University S-Bahn. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Freiburg Central Station, Freiburg Breiburg Central Station, or Freiburg-Herdern Station.
Dressing for Freiburg im Breisgau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Freiburg im Breisgau gets about 16.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are February and April with an average of 43°F