Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gadsden, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the city include Weiss Lake and Talladega National Forest.
- There are 90 hotels and other accommodations in Gadsden
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham, AL (BHM-Birmingham Intl.), 53.1 mi (85.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gadsden
Cultural venues in the city include Mary G Hardin Center for Cultural Arts, Imagination Place, and Gadsden Museum of Art. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Weiss Lake, Talladega National Forest, and Noccalula Falls Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Gadsden Mall, Boaz Outlet Center, and Mountain Top Flea Market.
In Gadsden, there are 90 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Guntersville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hampton Inn Gadsden - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gadsden W-Near Attalla - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Talladega Superspeedway, located 30.6 mi (49.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Gadsden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- About 54.68 inches of rain falls on Gadsden each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 33°F