Travelers to Galatro will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 551 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Lamezia Terme (SUF-Lamezia Terme Intl.), 31.2 mi (50.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Galatro
Places to visit in the larger region include Della Certosa Museum, Church of San Rocco, and Santa Maria del Bosco Church. You'll also find Santa Maria dei Sette Dolori and Marmarico Waterfall in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Galatro, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 551 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hotel & Spa La Porta del Mare is 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from the center of Galatro. This 3-star hotel in Tropea features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Capovaticano Resort Thalasso & Spa MGallery by Sofitel is located 21.4 mi (34.4 km) from the heart of Galatro. This 4-star hotel in Ricadi features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- La Perla is 20.7 mi (33.4 km) from central Galatro. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Tropea can enjoy access to a bar and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Galatro
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Galatro is 1.18 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F