Visitors to Glencar are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Gap of Dunloe.
- There are 316 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glencar
Gap of Dunloe is a notable place to visit in the region. You'll also find Caragh Lake and Carrantuohill in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Glencar, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 24 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Killarney is located 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the heart of Glencar. This 3-star hotel in Killarney features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- The Europe Hotel & Resort is 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from central Glencar. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Fossa can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Innisfallen Hotel is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) from the center of Glencar. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Fossa can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Dressing for Glencar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 36.14 inches of rain falls on Glencar each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F