Visiting Gualdo Cattaneo
Visitors can enjoy all that Gualdo Cattaneo has to offer including the local tours, shopping, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its rural and scenic setting. Around the area, top sights include Basilica of Santa Chiara, Roman Temple of Minerva, and Cathedral of San Rufino.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Gualdo Cattaneo
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gualdo Cattaneo
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Basilica of Santa Chiara, Roman Temple of Minerva, and Cathedral of San Rufino. Additionally, in the area you'll find Eremo delle Carceri and Basilica San Pietro.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gualdo Cattaneo. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Tenuta di Forte Sorgnano is 4.9 mi (7.8 km) from the city's heart. This country house in Gualdo Cattaneo features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Relais Paradiso is located 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city center. This farm stay in Barattano features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- La Locanda del Prete is located within 1.4 mi (2.2 km) of the city center. With a stay at this country house in Gualdo Cattaneo, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
Popular places to see around the area include Spoleto Roman Amphitheater, located 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Rocca Paolina, which is 16 mi/25.7 km away.
Dressing for Gualdo Cattaneo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Gualdo Cattaneo is 29.33 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F