Travelers to Guamo will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 59 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Ibague (IBE-Perales), 26.6 mi (42.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Guamo
Places to visit in the larger region include Chicoral Church, Chicoral Park, and Church of Santa Barbara de Contreras. You'll also find Gualanday Park and Villa Recreational Park of Las Palmas in the area.
As you book your getaway to Guamo, you may not find the ideal place to stay in the city center, but below are lodging options in the area.
- is 29.2 mi (47 km) from the center of Guamo. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Melgar can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony.
- Hotel Guadaira Resort is 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from central Guamo. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Ibague can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Eco Star Hotel is located 29.6 mi (47.6 km) from the heart of Guamo. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Melgar can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with pillowtop beds.
Dressing for Guamo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 92°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Guamo is 3.66 inches
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 73°F