Visitors can enjoy all that Melgar has to offer including the zoo, golf courses, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, beaches, and restaurants.
- There are 168 hotels and other accommodations in Melgar
- The closest major airport is in Ibague (IBE-Perales), 32.5 mi (52.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Melgar
Attractions like Piscilago Zoo, Cafam Melgar, and Piscilago Water Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like San Francisco de Asis Church, Chicoral Church, and Church of Santa Barbara de Contreras. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lago Sol, Gualanday Park, and Apulo Municipal Pool.
In Melgar, you'll be able to select from 168 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Union Girardot - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Entremonte Wellness Hotel & Spa - This 3-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Tocarema - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Melgar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 92°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 104.32 inches of rain falls on Melgar each year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 73°F