Visitors can enjoy all that Guatape has to offer including the lakeside setting, sporting events, and waterfalls. Top sights in the area include Atanasio Giradot Stadium, Park of Lights, and Palacio de la Cultura.
- You'll find 549 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Medellin
- The closest major airport is in Medellin (MDE-Jose Maria Cordova Intl.), 19.3 mi (31 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Guatape
The picturesque setting of Rock of Guatape and La Piedra Del Penol exemplify the city's natural beauty. You'll also find Valerio Antonio Jimenez Cultural Center and Catholic University of the East in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Guatape. Here's a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Los Recuerdos - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and overall condition.
Dressing for Guatape
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 55°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 54°F at night
- About 4.29 inches of rain falls on Guatape each year
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 53°F