Visiting Hamilton Island
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Hamilton Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. A top sight in the area is Whitehaven Beach.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Hamilton Island
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 27.3 mi (44 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hamilton Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Catseye Beach. Top activities include exploring the coral reef and exploring the waterfront, while Hamilton Island Marina and Hamilton Island Golf Club are sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add WILD LIFE Hamilton Island to your agenda.
In Hamilton Island, you'll be able to select from 62 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Beach Club - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Qualia - Our customers like the breakfast at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Palm Bungalows - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 6 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Whitehaven Beach, 7.9 mi/12.8 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Hamilton Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 70°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 65°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hamilton Island is 1.89 inches
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 57°F