Visitors can enjoy all that Hampton has to offer including the festivals, local tours, and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, theaters, and restaurants.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Hampton
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 50.5 mi (81.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 50.9 mi (82 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hampton
Places to visit in the larger region include Rivers Bridge State Historic Site and Lake George Warren. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Hampton, you might not find the perfect place to stay in the heart of the city, but below are lodging options around the area.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Hampton is located in central Hampton. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Hampton can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Palmetto Inn is 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from central Hampton. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Estill can enjoy access to free parking and free Internet.
- Knights Inn Yemassee is 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the center of Hampton. This 1.5-star motel in Yemassee features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Hampton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hampton is 46.30 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F